Cedar Plank Salmon
- Salmon Fillets
- Broil King Cedar Plank
- Spray bottle of water
- Preheat the grill at a MEDIUM-LOW setting (150°c).
- Soak the planks in water for 30 minutes - this is critical or they will catch fire immediately. Note: You can add any flavour you wish to the plank by using different liquids, e.g. Ginger Ale, beer, lemon juice. Different liquids will produce different outcomes. After removing the plank from the liquid, pat dry, and coat with olive oil on both sides of the plank.
- Brush your salmon fillets with olive oil (regular or infused) and add your preferred seasoning. Place the salmon fillets on the smooth side of the plank.
- Ensuring they have not dried in the meantime, place the salmon + plank on the grill and shut the lid. Leave for 15 - 20 minutes. Check intermittently and spray the plank with water if it appears to be charring/igniting at the edges.
- Check the thickest part of the salmon for an opaque colour – it should be flakey to the touch of a fork. Serve over your favourite mix of field greens and squeeze the juice of a lemon, a lime or an orange over the fillet and enjoy.