- 1 x Size 16 chicken
- 1 can of cheap beer
- 2 tbl salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 3 tbl of your favorite dry spice rub
- 2 tbl vegetable oil
Optional extra equipment:
- Broil King Beercan Chicken Roaster
- Remove and discard neck and giblets. Rinse chicken inside and out then pat dry with paper towels. Rub chicken lightly with oil then rub inside and out with salt, pepper and your favourite dry rub. Set aside.
- Preheat barbecue on HIGH.
- Open beer can and pour off half of the beer. Place beer can on a solid surface. Grabbing a chicken leg in each hand, plunk the bird cavity over the beer can.
- For a two-burner grill, turn one side of the burner completely off and the other side to MEDIUM 180°c. Place the chicken on the side that is turned off to use the indirect cooking method. For 3+ burners, use the same heat, but turn outside burners on and middle burners off with the bird in the middle. Ensure the chicken is well-balanced before closing the lid.
- The cook time should be roughly 1 hour and 40 minutes, but the most important factor is the internal temperature of the bird. Use the Broil King Digital Thermometer to test this, by inserting it into the chicken’s breast meat. When it reads 170°F or 77°C the chicken is cooked perfectly.
- Carefully remove from grill using oven mitts. Let rest for 10 minutes before removing can. Be careful not to spill, contents will be hot. Carve chicken and serve immediately.